Monday, February 22, 2010

FULL: Kent Hovind vs Hugh Ross debate (disc 2 of 2)

Kent HovindThis was a great debate on the John Ankerberg show. It's Kent Hovind defending Young Earth Creationism and Hugh Ross defending Old Earth Creationism.






There was a lot of great stuff in the debate. I learned a lot. I think Hovind was wrong to attack Ross. My own studies has led me to many of the same conclusions as Ross. The greatest proof that the days of Genesis not being literal 24 hours days is the point that on day 7 where the Bible says God rested it does not say that evening and morning were the seventh day as it was for the previous 6 verses! I never looked at it that way before. We are still in that seventh day. My friend Mariano left a comment on a previous post that points that when the Bible says God rested it does not mean He was tired only that he stopped creating. I liked Ross' point that when God brings the new heavens and the new earth God will begin creating again.

Another great point by Ross is that Genesis account does not really show any appreciable change in our natural laws. As far was we can tell there was still entropy before the fall because if there wasn't there would have been no stars. I thought Ross was far more scientific than Hovind.

FULL: Kent Hovind vs Hugh Ross debate (disc 2 of 2)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment